The Time of the End
Point 1: The prophecy is about Antichrist, not Antiochus.
How do we know that vv. 36-45 are speaking of the future Antichrist?
- A typological relationship between Antiochus IV Epiphanes and the “little horn” (Dan 7:8) has already been established.
- The “little horn” (Antichrist) has already been prophesied as the world ruler during the end times.
- Antiochus IV Epiphanes does not fit the description of vv. 36-38.
- No historical fulfillments match the events described in vv. 39-45.
- Ancient Christians and Jews alike saw these texts as yet to be fulfilled in the future.
- This interpretation is supported by New Testament revelation.
Point 2: Antichrist will reject the true God and demand the world worship him.
Point 3: Antichrist will rule until Christ dethrones him.