The Heart of Prayer Pt 2
The Elements of Effective Prayers:
- Adoration – The personal expression of love towards God, appreciating his divine attributes, and expressing gratitude for his history of faithfulness to mankind.
- Confession – The declaration of a biblically accurate view of man as sinful and in need of salvation and a specific acknowledgment of personal or corporate failings.
- Consequence – The recognition that disobedience and obedience to God have significant ramifications.
- Supplication – Earnestly and humbly making requests of God and asking him to intervene in circumstances on behalf of yourself or other people.
- Motivation – Recognizing that the greatest incentive for God to act is not your comfort or satisfaction but for the sake of his glory and reputation.