“Teach Us to Pray Pt. 2”
Six Elements to the Lord’s model for prayer:
- Invocation – We welcome and recognize that God is our Father and those who believe are his children.
- Consecration – We worship a holy God who is worthy of our reverence and to be set apart in our affections.
- Domination – We long to see the full reign and rule of God on the Earth.
- Supplication – We make requests of our Father as his beloved children.
- Expiation – We confess our sins anticipating his mercy and likewise show the mercy we desire to others.
- Temptation – We ask that as we follow God with our lives he would extend to us spiritual protection against the allure of evil.